Moving iTunes from Dell to iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC
I need some help .I want to transfer my IPOD music from my DELL or IPOD to my IMAC but it will not let me as I use Windows on my DELL . Any suggestions please ?

Reaction score
You cannot sync the iPod with two computers using iTunes.

Reaction score
Have you tried copying the folder called iTunes located in My Music (default) then copy it over to your Mac's music folder? This works Mac to MAc not sure about Windows to Mac worth a try.

Reaction score
Another option is to use the back up to disc feature in iTunes.

File > Back Up to Disc

This will allow you to make a CD or DVD copy of your entire iTunes library. You can then import all of the songs from the discs onto your new Mac.

The advantage of this method is that you now have a disc back up of your entire library. Store those discs away in the event that you have a HD failure in the future. It's a lot faster than ripping dozens/hundreds/thousands of CDs again.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Thanks for that I never thought about backing music that way. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP CD 1.83/2ghz/7200 100g + Mini 2ghz C2D 2gb + Mini 1.42ghz G4 + PM 7200/120 + Newton OMP
Another alternative -- if you've got your entire iTunes library on your iPod, then plug it into your Mac and use a utility like Senuti to copy the contents over.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.