• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

FAO : Anyone who got a Printer Rebate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16gz, 2gb RAM || 20" iMac, 2.4gz, 2gb RAM
Hello all,
I recently purchased a 20" iMac, along with a printer, because they offered a £60 rebate on it and it only cost £59.

To take advantage of the rebate they ask that you send in the (correct me if im wrong, I know the item was just 3 letters long, but I dont remember the order) EAN label.. I looked all over the boxes but found nothing that said EAN, so I just took the most informative lebls from both boxes..

Wondering if anyone can tell me whether this is the right one:

label.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Yes, that is correct. It is the bar-code that proves your purchase. I'm not sure what the letters are either, but what you are showing is what they require.
Hope this helps and congrats on your rebate! It's always nice to save a little.

Reaction score
I am working on the same rebate you are. The only box I haven't cut is the iMac box. That's the label I was planning on sending along. It's such a complicated process! I'm surprised I don't have to send a blood sample.

Personally, I think it's silly that you have to show proof of purchase when Apple already knows you purchased it. :Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac - MacBook Pro - iPhone - Nano - Touch
Make sure you make copies of them for your records before sending them off!!

Reaction score
My iMac has identical labels on the shipping carton and the iMac box. The Canon printer I bought has three proofs of purchase on the box. No copies necessary. :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My iMac has identical labels on the shipping carton and the iMac box. The Canon printer I bought has three proofs of purchase on the box. No copies necessary. :Smirk:

Three! wow. The HP I got with my iMac only came with one :S

Reaction score
Three! wow. The HP I got with my iMac only came with one :S

Yeah, it's kind of nice. They print three of them right on the box. One was on the side and two more were printed on one of the lid flaps. Somebody is thinking over there at Canon!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, it's kind of nice. They print three of them right on the box. One was on the side and two more were printed on one of the lid flaps. Somebody is thinking over there at Canon!

Ha, well I just checked my HP box and it has 4 on the bottom, plus the one on the side that I sent in.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Make sure you make copies of them for your records before sending them off!!
Like EuphLlama suggested make a copy before you send it. I have had many problems with HP and rebates. They rend to lose any documention sent to them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.