8.6 software that will burn an ISO disc

Reaction score
Is there something I can download to burn an ISO from a grape iMac?

I have Toast, but I'm guessing it won't do it.

I am trying to install Ubuntu (linux) on another box and need to burn an .iso to try an circumvent an installation problem I've run into.

I have an Iomega (grape!) burner.

Reaction score
Hate to say this but I found it easier to make on an old PC with nero,You can still download on the Mac hope you hve DSL or Cable. Toast will make one,I have the book somewhere ,let me look. Or try this to make a boot CD.(Ok looked up Toast, Choose ISO 9660 from the format menu,click data,drag files,click settings,select format cdrom,choose naming option,click Done,click speed,insert cd,click write) Good Luck.

Nero Burning ROM (windows): Open Nero and close the wizard. Go to "File" and then to "Burn Image..". In the next dialog, click on "Image files (*.nrg)" and select "All Files (*.*)". Choose arklinux.iso and click "Accept". Make sure the next dialog says Type: Data Mode 1, Block size: 2048, Image header: 0 and Image trailer: 0. In the next dialog, make sure the "write" and "finalize" options are active, then click on "Write".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.