airport

Reaction score
I use a wireless connection to get internet and it constantly drops. airport says im connected but web pages dont load and i get signed out of messenger. the page doesnt load until i reload the page with airport open. i am running 10.4 tiger and it only seems to be happening after i downloaded an airport update through the updater.
can someone help me its really annoying!

Reaction score
Have you tired powering off Airport? I assume this is the Airport router? Sounds like one or two things could be happening. One Airport is having a hard time keeping IP packets sync'd, which a power restart might fix. Secondly it could be the ISP dropping in and out, which often is not the problem. If you did a patch recently I'd go in and recheck all the settings just to be sure.

-Jay

OP
J
Reaction score
nah this inst the router its airport in my macbook! and i forgot to mention i always get half signal even though im only 5 meters away from the router (not apple base station). maybe it is the router i dont think its some really expensive one

Reaction score
Unable to connect MB wirelessly to Belkin router/modem

Your not alone, since installing Apples last security patch for 10.5.1 I've been unable to connect my MB wirelessly to the Internet using my Belkin (F5D7632v1 1.00.09 firmware). Tried 2 Belkins both with same results. But does work with WPA or WEP off, which is no good to man or beast! And I can connect through my girlfriends BT router/modem with WEP

So since all was well with WPA before the security patch and it don't work afterwards I have to conclude its a Apple software issue... but feel I will be collecting my pension before a fix comes out. Now why can't you remove patches as you can on Windoz.

Anyone have a fix please ????????

David

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB Ram, MacBook White
My internet keeps going when surfing wirelessly as well i just switch airport on mac off then on again and it sort it for about 5hrs.

Reaction score
5 hours ! ! , sounds like heaven to me I can't get 5 seconds..... It's a OS X 10.5.1. bug I'm sure of it !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.