d40 hookup to a macbook

Reaction score
i was wondering if there was a way to connect my d40 to my macbook so that the picture shows up on the monitor as soon as i take it.

Reaction score
i was wondering if there was a way to connect my d40 to my macbook so that the picture shows up on the monitor as soon as i take it.

Maanico,

You need a program called Nikon Capture. (It's a Nikon product.) The latest version is Nikon Capture NX. Apparently the camera control software is a separate app for that version. I haven't used NX, but I've used older versions.

I'd suggest checking out the Nikon forums at dpreview.com. Lots of good info there.

Duncan C

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks for the results guys. im trial-ing camera control pro 2 (d40 support wasnt added to version 1, until 1.3).

problem im having is, i cant get the program to detect my camera. im checking nikons website and i cant find a support page for it. the product descrip mentions tethering via the included USB or firewire. i was wondering if anyone knew if the included cables are different than the standard ones that come with most cameras.

nevermind guys, i found out about the PTP usb thing

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.