Firmware upgrade for unlocked iPhone

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have an AT&T iPhone unlocked to be used on O2 in the UK. Current firmware version is 1.0.2. The phone was sold to me unlocked off ebay... before I saw all the articles about the 1.1.1 upgrade possibly "bricking" unlocked iPhones.

What I want to know is if there is a way I can upgrade the firmware without "bricking" my iPhone.

...and if it is even worth the upgrade!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
is it not working? if it aint broke, you know the rest...

i wouldnt worry about it. i just flashed from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1 and plan to stay on 1.1.1 until the end of my phone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I would say the 1.02 to 1.1.1 upgrade is worth it simply for the stability fixes and the double tap feature.

To be able to upgrade your iPhone, you'll need to "virginize" it before upgrading. There are plenty of guides available online. I can't link to them as it would be against forum rules, but if you do a Google search you'll easily find them.

OP
sergioalvares
Reaction score
What is the double tap feature in 1.1.1, because the version I have now also has double tap features?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 8gig, inherited powerbook (beer+mac=power-brick)
when you hit space twice it inserts a period thus ending a sentence without going through the symbol screen

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.