Printing a downloaded PDF

Reaction score
I just received a 2 page claim form in the form of a PDF as an email attachment from my insurance agent. I downloaded them but then couldn't get them to print correctly - if at all. They would only open in preview, which had no "Print" commands, other than Opt + P, which gave me no control over size, copies etc. I finally gave up and forwarded the email to my WinXP, which downloaded and printed them correctly.

I'm using Leopard on a MBP. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Phil

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
download and install acrobat reader:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html?promoid=BONRM

and on a PDF you have, ctrl + click on it and go to "get info" and click the arrow on the drop down list under "Open with" and select Acrobat Reader then click "Change all".

The PDF should now open in Acrobat Reader and you will get all of its print functions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I just received a 2 page claim form in the form of a PDF as an email attachment from my insurance agent. I downloaded them but then couldn't get them to print correctly - if at all. They would only open in preview, which had no "Print" commands, other than command + P, which gave me no control over size, copies etc....l

I'm not sure what you're seeing, but Preview should have the same print options as any other application with regards to Copies & Pages, Paper Handling, and the like.

Adobe's Reader has a few more, but there shouldn't be any major differences.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.