I actually bought something from the itunes store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
I was going to copy my girlfriend's CD of a small band up in Oakland (don't know when I'd ever get to a show to buy the actual CD) but I saw a link on their website "buy the album in iTunes" so I clicked it since i have no problem supporting real musicians (actually, I've used the subscription Napster ToGo for a long time now) so I bought the album and its the DRM-free iTunes PLUS high quality stuff too ;D

oh...and I did it....I made a ringtone from one of the songs and now my phone sounds like the world is coming to an end (that was the intent though, so its ok)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 8gig, inherited powerbook (beer+mac=power-brick)
welcome to the club. it still sucks that honest people must pay 2 bucks for 30 seconds of thier favorite songs. apple cut us a break we spent at least $400.00 on our wonderful phones why not include a few free ringtones... would that kill you steve?

OP
MBasile
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
welcome to the club. it still sucks that honest people must pay 2 bucks for 30 seconds of thier favorite songs. apple cut us a break we spent at least $400.00 on our wonderful phones why not include a few free ringtones... would that kill you steve?

exactly! I would love to have the sound of my car revving as my ringtone or message alert, but I have yet to find "subaru 2 liter turbo w/ borla exhaust" on itunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
I use BitPim for my ringtones. It's free but only supports so many phones. You need to have the tones in mp3 or wave though. Saves a lot of cash

Reaction score

You guys have got to start blaming who is really at fault, the record labels and the RIAA. Steve doesn't have any say in what iTunes charges for songs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone

You can still be honest and get them for free, just use a program called "makeiphoneringtones".

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.