Made the switch today...

Reaction score
...and I absolutely love it! I had no idea there were so many freeware applications I could download. I'm having loads of fun looking at all of the cool things I can install.

I've used PCs all my life and "the switch" couldn't have been any easier. Got my Macbook Pro, opened the box, pressed the "on" button, and away I went. I'm really happy. Just writing this for people who are considering making the switch. Yay!

I'm still getting used to the interface and everything so I'm sure I'll have a few questions over the next few weeks...but for now I'm doing well!

Reaction score
Congratulations :D Yup there is lot alot of freeware apps many of which do the same job as the software you was using previously on Microsoft. This forum is a great resource so any problems do a search since the question might have already been answered, if you still need help feel free to post. Welcome to the forums!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Huge congrats, you won't look back

This forum is really helpful, so keep coming back, and don't be afraid of asking what may seem like dumb questions

OP
L
Reaction score
Okay, dumb question number one.

What is my best course of action if I get the multicolored spinning wheel of death? Should I just wait it out, or restart my computer, or what?

Reaction score
Wait it out a while first, the right click (ctrl + click) on the programs icon on the dock and select force quit.
There is a combination that brings up a panel similar to windows task manager but i can't think of it at the moment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Wait it out a while first, the right click (ctrl + click) on the programs icon on the dock and select force quit.
There is a combination that brings up a panel similar to windows task manager but i can't think of it at the moment.
that combo would be [command+option+esc]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019) 3 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5, 1.03 TB Fusion Drive
Congrats on the switch and welcome to the wonderful world of Macs!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.