• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

6 min movie in mpeg1 format - how to turn it into a loop on dvd?

Reaction score
I can't quite believe I did this, but on Friday I accidentally gave away our only copy of a DVD edited with quick cuts, to play for people who only glance for a couple of seconds - at a conference exhibition.
So I realized late Friday, and it has to be playing for mid-Tuesday.
I can't get back the original by then.
:'(
So I'm looking at alternatives.
I figure the best I can do is get the long, story version of it, which is 6 minutes and I have it only on CD ROM now, and figure out how to play it on a loop. It will be playing on a TV with DVD player, so I can't just select loop on a laptop's DVD player.
I'm having trouble.
First I imported to iDVD, but there was no audio. I sorted through help and figured out that my 6 min. video is in MPEG1, and iDVD will only transfer the video from that format (won't transfer the audio_. It told me to import with iMovie instead of iDVD. So I did, and saved in iMovie, still is in Mpeg format. iMovie wouldn't let me do any editing, nor would iDVD when I tried copying it over there. So I then saved it to the blank DVD. But no looping.

Two questions

- I can't figure out how to get it to loop - endlessly, or at least for 3 or 4 hours. Loop seems to be a function in iDVD only. It saved automatically in Quicktime format... I don't have Quicktime Pro, so don't have access to editing in that program.
- What problems will I run into with the original being CDrom format, and my output being DVD? Will I lose a lot of quality? Will it only play on my drive which plays CDrom or DVD, or will it play on a DVD player hooked up to a DVD?

Thx
Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.