Sudden problem with connecting to wireless network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
I am using a D-Link Di-524 wireless router and have been using a wireless connection ever since I got my iMac a few weeks ago. There have been no problems with the wireless connection but all of a sudden today, when I was surfing the net, I got disconnected from my wireless network. I use WPA by the way. I tried connecting back to the network but all it says was that I provided an incorrect password, which is totally untrue. I went to 192.168.0.1 and tried to reset the password, but it didn't work as when I tried to connect to the network again, it once again specified that I provided the wrong password. So I have no choice but to use a wired connection now. Anyone knows what went wrong?

OP
calenerd
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Now it's even weirder. I set up a WPA system but now when I try to connect, it says "the network ____ requires a WEP password" then when I press OK, it says connection failed/timeout

OP
calenerd
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok I can connect to it now -.- after I reset the router and reset the password. I wonder what went wrong just now though. Can anyone who mooches try to change the password?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.