PDA

View Full Version : .exe files

riz
12-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Hi,

i recently bought a macbook, im new the the mac world and im having problems installing exe files is there any way i can install exe files any sort of software out there i tried stuffit but that didnt work is there anything else??

visualpurple
12-15-2007, 02:16 PM
exe files are installers for Windows software. Windows software doesn't work on Macs (unless you're running Windows on it).

You need to find Mac software. Versiontracker.com is a good site.

Kash
12-15-2007, 02:20 PM
Could you tell us what software you're trying to install? Perhaps we can help you find Mac alternatives.

riz
12-15-2007, 04:01 PM
hey,

im trying to install Adobe Photoshop CS3 the extended version and Illustrator CS3 there both EXE files there must be some sort of software out there that can install it on the mac

chaunce322
12-15-2007, 04:15 PM
I think your best bet would be to set up a Windows partition on your Mac and use Bootcamp. You can then install the Windows versions of Adobe software on the Windows partition and run it from there.

You may also want to look into seeing if you can exchange your Adobe suite for the Mac versions as they historically perform better on the Mac platform.

Sean

MacHeadCase
12-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Yeah Adobe has a cross-platform exchange program going on I've read somewhere. You just need to phone Adobe and they can send you the Mac version. I think you just need to send in your CS3 apps Windoze version in.

NPuter
12-16-2007, 09:51 AM
or you could download the 30 trial versions for mac and enter in your product code