Cingular rep told me mms update among other stuff!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 8gig, inherited powerbook (beer+mac=power-brick)
on jan. 1st

i talked to a tech rep for att and they told me that mms and other updates are going to bring in the new year.

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[edit]
i called another person and they confirmed this.

heres a number if you dont believe me AT&T customer service 1800 770 0900 ext 14203
her name is candice if the number doesnt work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Hey, I've got some swamp in Florida for sale! Interested? :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alu MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.0Ghz, 2GB DDR3, 160 + 320GB HDD, Gforce 9400m - iPhone 8GB 2.2 T-Mobile
It would make sense for mms to be in the next update since the hacking community already has it working (send only so far). I'm sure Apple wouldn't want to be out done by the bedroom coders.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't Apple will take a strategy of chasing hacker programs. That would make them look kind of bad. Plus, there's not much they can do about being outdone by them, since they've been basically getting their butts kicked by these guys since the iPhone was first hacked. There are tons of awesome programs out there already.

OP
I Can Has Mac!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
she told me it will all be in the same chat bubble format as the sms is so it wont break a conversation its all there

OP
I Can Has Mac!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
im sure video recording will follow suite and eventually not to be outdone by helio they will most likely instate a youtube uploader

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
i just want my bugs fixed :) lets get that fixed before we start adding new buggy items.

come on apple, 1.1.2 is a bug nightmare compared to 1.1.1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
You have no idea how excited I'll be if this is true!!

This is one thing that really bothered me about the iPhone because I used to send and receive pics all the time. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey, I've got some swamp in Florida for sale! Interested? :p

I was just kidding, by the way. Hence, the smiley face with the tongue sticking out. Sorry to whoever I offended.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Who ever uses MMS? Isn't email sufficient enough? I thought MMS was a dead technology...

OP
I Can Has Mac!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
if you dont believe me call the woman. if your lazy time will tell....

and as for goomiba.

Who ever uses MMS? Isn't email sufficient enough? I thought MMS was a dead technology...

mms is much more convenient sounding than emailing. it will be much faster and if its in the chat bubble format much more accesable than having to open seperate emails to recieve look at them they can alll in the same column.

i just wonder if you could save them before deleting messages or send a whole camera roll now that would be so sweet to send slide shows!!!!!!! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads

Uh.. Not everyone has email connected to their phones. It's impossible to rely on email when most people you know may not have a way to get to their email on a regular basis. I loved having MMS and was really upset that it wasn't on the iPhone.

Anyways... just my 2 cents.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
MMS isn't a dead technology, but I would much rather Apple fix bugs and have the iphone work as intended and advertised before adding gimmicks like MMS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo

well since my girlfriend's phone doesn't have email...and most of my friends phones dont have email...MMS is good

I'd like to see these
  • MMS
  • iChat
  • uploading songs from iTunes to be more like an iPod (I'm giving my girlfriend a nano for Christmas and there was one song I wanted to put on, I plugged it in and was able to drag and drop...it made me sad)
  • user programable shortcuts (like maybe an icon on the main screen that has a bunch of different setting toggle switches and links, so I could put a Bluetooth switch there instead of deep in the settings)
  • the ability to send multiple pictures in an email

OP
I Can Has Mac!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ichat as cool as that sounds we have to get over the hump of video recording(plus youd need mirrors or a custom stand) software which i have actually seen thanks to drunknbass but it only records a few seconds and you cant store the video( not to mention you must be jailbroken). Apple is leaving alot of loyal people hanging with lack of what should be standard apps which we deserve and payed for with the insane price tag.( i mean my t-mob wing as slow and poorly made as it is can do everything iphone can and more). I believe they are giving us crumbs because each new update will release a feature we want and we will not be able to have unlocked or jailbroken phones to do so. and that would keep at&t happy. just my .02

OP
I Can Has Mac!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If i am wrong about the firware ill delete my myspace lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
your basing your facts on what reps told you, need i say more :)

OP
I Can Has Mac!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
idk they sounded convincing and had similar details we shall see ey?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo
so, in the pacific time zone, which apple is located in, they have about 39 minutes left to release this update because when I hooked up my phone earlier, iTunes still asked me to upgrade to 1.1.2, not 1.1.3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Well it's January 2, 2008 here and there was nothing released, I think that goes to show how little AT&T reps know about the iPhone.

I found that out when I talked to a rep in an AT&T store, they hardly know anything about AT&T. Also, Gear Live got a hold of an early 1.1.3 update and there is nothing in it about MMS. That could change though with the final release, but it sure didn't happen on the 1st.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.