• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Lovely

Reaction score
The updated forecast for tonight is great! With the windchill factor, it'll be only –36°C (–33°F) instead of –40!

Happy days are here again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
The updated forecast for tonight is great! With the windchill factor, it'll be only –36°C (–33°F) instead of –40!

Happy days are here again.

That's a bit chilly for me...

Here in NY, it's going to be -4 celsius (around 25 f), which is nice and crisp! I'm hoping for more snow... I love snow...

M

MacHeadCase

You want some of mine, Zoolook? :D

They're calling for a 40CM snowstorm Sunday on top of what we already have...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Blimey - i thought it was cold here in London (only just put the heating on)

4°C (-1 at night)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I thought it was cold where I'm at. It's 20 F (-6 C) here in Northern Illinois right now. We have a considerable amount of ice though, so its really hard to walk anywhere. This is bad for me since I'm about to walk about a half-mile to get to my final class of the semester in about 20 minutes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I guess I should avoid mentioning that we're in shorts/shirts weather here at the moment....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I guess I should avoid mentioning that we're in shorts/shirts weather here at the moment....

Sounds like my apartment. It gets around 85*F (sorry no degrees sign on the iPhone) if I don't crack a window or turn on the A/C. Sometimes it's easy to forget it's 27* outside when the A/C is going.
I don't have to pay for heat but I pay for A/C.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Tomorrow is a work from home day. Snow, sleet, and freezing rain are forecast from tomorrow afternoon through Sunday. Ice accumulation is up to 1/4" (6mm). Joy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
wo. cold !

here in England its around 1*c - -3*c.

They say there is snow in america and we are going to get it after you

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
It a nice 66 degrees here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
it was around 60 today here in Chattanooga, TN

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Tomorrow is a work from home day. Snow, sleet, and freezing rain are forecast from tomorrow afternoon through Sunday. Ice accumulation is up to 1/4" (6mm). Joy.

They're talking about a mix of snow and freezing rain for that same storm here. Unfortunately, that storm just so happens to coincide with "guy's night out", as luck would have it. Of course, "guy's night out" only happens twice a month, so this is inopportune to say the least. Ugh...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
63 in NC, it is never this warm here in December, record highs!

I've only lived here in NC five years, but this is unusually warm. Feels more like Florida really. I can't complain... my house is still on oil heating, and I was in for one helluva price shock when I had to get a refill a few weeks ago.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.