• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

YouTube Comments

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15'' Macbook Pro, 17'' Intel iMac, 80gb iPod classic
Has anyone else noticed that on pretty much any video you watch on youtube, most of the comments are posted by complete idiots who's vocabularies consist entirely of swear words? It seems like no matter what the video, a few genius's always feel the need to tell the poster of the video that they are unintelligent, and should go do something explicit to themselves. Oh and they manage to say all this using as little punctuation, capitalization, and letters as possible. They seem to have a thing against vowels as well, because mst of thr sntncs lok lke ths.

Youtube commenters tend to put as little thought and effort into their comments as possible. You can search any video and you are almost guaranteed to see a few "lol nice"'s and a couple "*insert subject of video here* FTW!"s and a swarm of "WHAT THE $$$$ YOU STUPID IDIOT NO ONE LOVES YOU GO DIE LOLOLOL ROFLCOPTER!"s

I received this comment, which I found interesting on a video I posted mocking the game Splinter Cell:

ok nice try, but it would be funnier if:
#1 he was not such a huge nerd
#2 if his equipment actually looked decent
#3 if he was serious, but his mission was completely piontless
#4 the end has to make more sense

To which I replied,

true. you should make one like that. we really didn't put much thought into this, we were just bored.

and his response is the best part,

ok w/e but i know i was taught that even if it dosen't matter, if you commit to it ypu hav to give it 100%.

but w/e

Let's examine this for a second. The point he is trying to make is that no matter what you are trying to accomplish, no matter how trivial, you should give it your all and not to a half job. A very good point, but it is the way he purveys it that makes me chuckle. His sentence consists of no capital letters at all. Even better, he chooses to write "w/e" instead of whatever. Oh, and what does 'ypu hav' mean?

Sorry to rant, but it was bothering me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
you should respond something like "the way you type is you giving 100%?"

youtube is not really a community of people commenting its mainly just a video place that allows comments and none of the normal / responsible people who would leave nice comments have accounts unless they already have videos up themselves.

OP
hobs707
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15'' Macbook Pro, 17'' Intel iMac, 80gb iPod classic
you should respond something like "the way you type is you giving 100%?"

youtube is not really a community of people commenting its mainly just a video place that allows comments and none of the normal / responsible people who would leave nice comments have accounts unless they already have videos up themselves.

Actually this was my response: "Shouldn't that be true of YouTube comments too then? A little capitalization wouldn't hurt, and you might as well spell out 'whatever.'
Ha, I'm kidding dude. Sorry you didn't like my video."

And you're right about the comment man.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
Speaking of youtube... is anyone else getting some weird "site coming soon" page?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.