PDA

View Full Version : WINXP Registry invalid???

teqsun
12-12-2007, 07:50 PM
OK I have a LEGIT copy of winxp that I loaded on the beta of bootcamp. It worked ok. I installed leopard which I guess updated bootcamp and I went back into xp and now it wants me to verify windows again.

Now its saying I have run out of registry keys!!! I already had it installed and verified before!

smartyMAC
12-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Leopard doesnt make any changes to your windows partition. Updating bootcamp software in no way affects the existing windows partition. But if you're getting registry/ verification error, I guess you should be able to fix it by using repair option from the installation CD.

knightlie
12-13-2007, 07:23 AM
"Run out of registry keys?" That doesn't sound like a real error message - are you talking about your registration key? And if so, what's the actual error message?

teqsun
12-14-2007, 06:01 PM
"Run out of registry keys?" That doesn't sound like a real error message - are you talking about your registration key? And if so, what's the actual error message?

honestly I couldnt remember it exactly.

It basically told me that I had installed windows on the maximum number of pcs allowed.

knightlie
12-17-2007, 05:31 AM
honestly I couldnt remember it exactly.

It basically told me that I had installed windows on the maximum number of pcs allowed.

Sounds like you'll have to call Microsoft, as the activation thinks you're on a different machine from the original installation when it was activated.