Problems connecting to the net on Windows only

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
I have a problem with connecting to the internet on Windows but I've no problems connecting to it on my partition of mac. I use a D-link Di-524 wireless router and it seems that I am unable to connect the ethernet cable from the computer to the router successfully. I feel that it is due to my Windows OS not having a proper network adapter for my router as I could only see the 1394 adapter under network connections, which I believe is the adapter for firewire. Anyone knows what is the underlying problem and where can I get this adapter so that I can use my Windows OS in my iMac to connect to the net successfully. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
have you installed the mac-windows drivers??
If you have leopard, just pop in the install disk while running windows.
If you are using the downloaded bootcamp beta, then boot camp assistant should have asked you to burn one

OP
calenerd
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 20" iMac
yes! that's the problem! thanks for the help seriously, even though it was a pretty easy solution to it =p another reason why I love the mac community! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
great...
im glad that solved it.
a lot of people make the mistake of not installing the drivers after they install windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.