make front row open in external monitor. macbook

Reaction score
when using my macbook connected to an external DVI monitor in extended desktop. is there a way to make front row open only on the external monitor, but continue to have my normal desktop showing on the built in monitor?

thanks for any ideas.

Reaction score
I'm interested in finding this out as well. The only work-around I found was to close the lid on my macbook and wake it up with an external keyboard. This leaves the external monitor as the primary monitor but no dual monitor action.

OP
N
Reaction score
I'm interested in finding this out as well. The only work-around I found was to close the lid on my macbook and wake it up with an external keyboard. This leaves the external monitor as the primary monitor but no dual monitor action.

yeh i know how to do that, and thats what i normally do if im just watching a film. but if i want a film on one monitor and use the web on the other i would like to use front row.

kash, thanks for the link. looks a bit complex really. i think ill just stick to using DVD player in full screen mode when using both monitors at once. and then use front row when im just using the external one..

to be honest its not a problem, as when im using both monitors it means im sat at the desk, so DVD player is easy to control. Front row is jsut nice when im watching a DVD from my bed across the room..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
kash, thanks for the link. looks a bit complex really.

Did you try the first "tip" he provided with the whole moving the menu bar around thing? I think that would be pretty easy.

OP
N
Reaction score
Did you try the first "tip" he provided with the whole moving the menu bar around thing? I think that would be pretty easy.

yeh i did that one, but its not very practical to keep changing it back and to.

i was hoping there would jsut be a setting to tell it to open on the external monitor, but leave everything else as normal on my macbook's built in monitor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.