View Full Version : Help Me! iChat Status issue

07-01-2003, 09:33 AM
Ok so I decided I didn't want iChatStatus anymore so I deleted the prefpane and all associated files. However, it still shows up in System Preferences although when I click it, it says it can't find the prefpane. How can I get rid of it?

07-01-2003, 09:43 AM
here some things I tried and more information...
I tried rebooting after deleting ICS....still there and still affecting the status message for iChat AV when I log onto it.

I reverted back to the old iChat. Pane still there, but now it's not affecting my status. I then reinstalled iChat AV and it's back to showing temp as the available status when I log in....

This is driving me nuts!

07-01-2003, 09:46 AM
ok, I deleted the iChat.plist file and it seemed to have fixed the issue with showing the temp as status when I load iChat. However, the ICS icon is still in System Preferences

07-01-2003, 09:51 AM
did you check Preferences for a SystemPref.plst or something of that nature?

07-01-2003, 11:41 AM
Yeah, Ide search your iChat folders and SystemPrefs folders like mad for the dealie. If not talk to the makers to find out where all the key files are hidden.

07-01-2003, 02:55 PM
Ok I think I found it. I deleted the systempreference.plist and some kind of preferencepane.cache.plist. Now it's gone. Hopefully never to return LOL!