PDA

View Full Version : Help Me! iChat Status issue

schweb
07-01-2003, 10:33 AM
Ok so I decided I didn't want iChatStatus anymore so I deleted the prefpane and all associated files. However, it still shows up in System Preferences although when I click it, it says it can't find the prefpane. How can I get rid of it?

schweb
07-01-2003, 10:43 AM
here some things I tried and more information...
I tried rebooting after deleting ICS....still there and still affecting the status message for iChat AV when I log onto it.

I reverted back to the old iChat. Pane still there, but now it's not affecting my status. I then reinstalled iChat AV and it's back to showing temp as the available status when I log in....

This is driving me nuts!

schweb
07-01-2003, 10:46 AM
ok, I deleted the iChat.plist file and it seemed to have fixed the issue with showing the temp as status when I load iChat. However, the ICS icon is still in System Preferences

MacAddikt
07-01-2003, 10:51 AM
did you check Preferences for a SystemPref.plst or something of that nature?

Graphite
07-01-2003, 12:41 PM
Yeah, Ide search your iChat folders and SystemPrefs folders like mad for the dealie. If not talk to the makers to find out where all the key files are hidden.

schweb
07-01-2003, 03:55 PM
Ok I think I found it. I deleted the systempreference.plist and some kind of preferencepane.cache.plist. Now it's gone. Hopefully never to return LOL!