Good upgrades to a 24" iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 1.25 GHz PowerPC G4
I am just about to purchase the 24" iMac and am wondering if anyone bought a few extras and are really enjoying them. I am mainly looking at speakers. I noticed the ones on the mac are at the bottom of the screen. Does anyone know if this causes the sound to "bounce" or echo of your desk and decrease the sound quality? If you bought a 3rd party speaker system and are really enjoying them let me know. My ideal price range would be about 150-175$. (No BOSE yet:Angry: lol)

-Cheers

Reaction score
I am just about to purchase the 24" iMac and am wondering if anyone bought a few extras and are really enjoying them. I am mainly looking at speakers. I noticed the ones on the mac are at the bottom of the screen. Does anyone know if this causes the sound to "bounce" or echo of your desk and decrease the sound quality? If you bought a 3rd party speaker system and are really enjoying them let me know. My ideal price range would be about 150-175$. (No BOSE yet:Angry: lol)

-Cheers

You can do much better than bose anyway :p

I have used setups from Cambridge audio and Klipsch which sound considerably better, and about the same price as bose. Not sure if they are in ur price range but worth a look.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.