bluetooth mighty mouse problems in leopard

Reaction score
i bought a bluetooth mighty mouse recently, it mostly works except i dont get the battery status and mouse name in the bluetooth tab in the the keyboard and mouse preferences(in system preferences)...any suggestions would be helpful.

also the side buttons dont work, i've tried setting them to expose' etc. but nothing ... the button clicks do however register in add on mouse accelerators like usb overdrive, but dont work as set in the preferences tab.

it works properly though i dont get dropped connections or anything as such.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I can't remember if it shows battery life, but it wanrs me when the batteries are low. As for the expose "squeeze" buttons they work fine for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Have you tried Setting them up a new ie re-pairing them. Both my KB and MM show up with name and Battery level in the BT pane.
A little tip: Download istat pro widget (Free) then you can see Battery status from the Dashboard

OP
A
Reaction score
SOLVED: you need to remove USB overdrive helper, donot just move the application to trash, there is an uninstall file in /Applications/Utilities, use that.

@Kilted1 using the istat widget also doesnot work when you have usb overdrive installed, because it simply reads the status from the same file, you need to uninstall USB ocvrdrive for this to work as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.