• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

MBP delivery time VERY misleading - beware

Reaction score
Hello,

So I ordered my MBP. It said "shipping in 2-4 days". The e-mail "shipped" came after 2 days, great I thought! But then, what a surprise and dissapointment - it said the delivery time was 12 days!!!

I understand they come a long way from China (I did not know that when I was placing my order, found out on this forum) but still it should be clearly indicated somewhere on Apple's website.

Moreover, there is no info re the carrier so you cannot track it, they never updated it even though it's only 2 days to scheduled delivery.

I am based in London btw so I placed my order on Apple's UK store.

Tom

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6

Tom

Why didn't you go to the Apple Store in London and pick it up? It's the same price.

OP
tomlat
Reaction score
Why didn't you go to the Apple Store in London and pick it up? It's the same price.

This is what I wanted to do. I went to Regent Street Apple Store on a Saturday. They were very busy. Since I opted for a slightly customized model (7200rpm drive) they even sort of put me off from enquiring at the store and recommended buying online.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Hello,

So I ordered my MBP. It said "shipping in 2-4 days". The e-mail "shipped" came after 2 days, great I thought! But then, what a surprise and dissapointment - it said the delivery time was 12 days!!!

I understand they come a long way from China (I did not know that when I was placing my order, found out on this forum) but still it should be clearly indicated somewhere on Apple's website.

Moreover, there is no info re the carrier so you cannot track it, they never updated it even though it's only 2 days to scheduled delivery.

Tom

You do realize that you ordered at the height of the Christmas shopping season, right? No matter what, shipping is going to be slow.

Everything that I have ever ordered from Apple outside of the Holiday season has arrived earlier than scheduled. My Quad showed up a week early and it shipped "all the way" from China too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Since I opted for a slightly customized model
Keep in mind that if you added any customized options, the shipping time would increase.

Also, when an order "ships" is not necessarily the same thing as shipping time.
In other words, if it says "Shipping in 2-4 days" that means that it will be prepared, packed and ready to leave its origination point in 2-4 days. The actual time it takes to get from there to your door is a different thing.

OP
tomlat
Reaction score
You do realize that you ordered at the height of the Christmas shopping season, right? No matter what, shipping is going to be slow.

Everything that I have ever ordered from Apple outside of the Holiday season has arrived earlier than scheduled. My Quad showed up a week early and it shipped "all the way" from China too.

I understand, however I find it very confusing. Just the next day I ordered MBP I placed another order - for iPod. Here's what Apple website said about these orders:

MBP - ships in 2-4 days
iPod - ships in 24h

Now, iPod comes the very next day after shipping, MBP comes 12 days after shipping. So the delivery process itself takes 1 day in one case and 12 days in another. It's pretty confusing, isn't it? Especially that Apple doesn't say a word about that...

OP
tomlat
Reaction score
The actual time it takes to get from there to your door is a different thing.

It is, however they should say something about that on their website - when I place my order. Especially that sometimes it takes 1 and sometimes 12 days!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I understand, however I find it very confusing. Just the next day I ordered MBP I placed another order - for iPod. Here's what Apple website said about these orders:

MBP - ships in 2-4 days
iPod - ships in 24h

Now, iPod comes the very next day after shipping, MBP comes 12 days after shipping. So the delivery process itself takes 1 day in one case and 12 days in another. It's pretty confusing, isn't it? Especially that Apple doesn't say a word about that...
The iPod does not arrive the next day (only if you purchase faster delivery). It will be shipped within 25hrs, not arrive within 24 hours.

OP
tomlat
Reaction score
Oh I am sure it is written somewhere, just not there where it should be written. And your link just proved that in my opinion. Just my cents. Thanks anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone

MBP - ships in 2-4 days
iPod - ships in 24h

You ordered a customized MBP so it had to ship from China. 12 days is a little much but it did go half way around the world, am I right? Maybe it was delayed in customs??
Since your iPod arrived next day it could have easily been shipped from London if Apple has some sort of shipping facility there.

OP
tomlat
Reaction score
The iPod does not arrive the next day (only if you purchase faster delivery). It will be shipped within 25hrs, not arrive within 24 hours.

Since there are confusions here's a picture worth thousands words (I hope)
RED - the "ships in" time
BLACK - the actual delivery time

forum.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.