PDA

View Full Version : MBP delivery time VERY misleading - beware

tomlat
12-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Hello,

So I ordered my MBP. It said "shipping in 2-4 days". The e-mail "shipped" came after 2 days, great I thought! But then, what a surprise and dissapointment - it said the delivery time was 12 days!!!

I understand they come a long way from China (I did not know that when I was placing my order, found out on this forum) but still it should be clearly indicated somewhere on Apple's website.

Moreover, there is no info re the carrier so you cannot track it, they never updated it even though it's only 2 days to scheduled delivery.

I am based in London btw so I placed my order on Apple's UK store.

Tom

Zoolook
12-10-2007, 11:05 AM

Tom

Why didn't you go to the Apple Store in London and pick it up? It's the same price.

tomlat
12-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Why didn't you go to the Apple Store in London and pick it up? It's the same price.

This is what I wanted to do. I went to Regent Street Apple Store on a Saturday. They were very busy. Since I opted for a slightly customized model (7200rpm drive) they even sort of put me off from enquiring at the store and recommended buying online.

baggss
12-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Hello,

So I ordered my MBP. It said "shipping in 2-4 days". The e-mail "shipped" came after 2 days, great I thought! But then, what a surprise and dissapointment - it said the delivery time was 12 days!!!

I understand they come a long way from China (I did not know that when I was placing my order, found out on this forum) but still it should be clearly indicated somewhere on Apple's website.

Moreover, there is no info re the carrier so you cannot track it, they never updated it even though it's only 2 days to scheduled delivery.

Tom

You do realize that you ordered at the height of the Christmas shopping season, right? No matter what, shipping is going to be slow.

Everything that I have ever ordered from Apple outside of the Holiday season has arrived earlier than scheduled. My Quad showed up a week early and it shipped "all the way" from China too.

D3v1L80Y
12-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Since I opted for a slightly customized modelKeep in mind that if you added any customized options, the shipping time would increase.

Also, when an order "ships" is not necessarily the same thing as shipping time.
In other words, if it says "Shipping in 2-4 days" that means that it will be prepared, packed and ready to leave its origination point in 2-4 days. The actual time it takes to get from there to your door is a different thing.

tomlat
12-10-2007, 02:21 PM
You do realize that you ordered at the height of the Christmas shopping season, right? No matter what, shipping is going to be slow.

Everything that I have ever ordered from Apple outside of the Holiday season has arrived earlier than scheduled. My Quad showed up a week early and it shipped "all the way" from China too.

I understand, however I find it very confusing. Just the next day I ordered MBP I placed another order - for iPod. Here's what Apple website said about these orders:

MBP - ships in 2-4 days
iPod - ships in 24h

Now, iPod comes the very next day after shipping, MBP comes 12 days after shipping. So the delivery process itself takes 1 day in one case and 12 days in another. It's pretty confusing, isn't it? Especially that Apple doesn't say a word about that...

tomlat
12-10-2007, 02:26 PM
The actual time it takes to get from there to your door is a different thing.

It is, however they should say something about that on their website - when I place my order. Especially that sometimes it takes 1 and sometimes 12 days!

D3v1L80Y
12-10-2007, 02:34 PM
It is, however they should say something about that on their website - when I place my order. Especially that sometimes it takes 1 and sometimes 12 days!It does, on the Sales Policy (http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/salespolicies.html#page) page

Eric559
12-10-2007, 02:52 PM
I understand, however I find it very confusing. Just the next day I ordered MBP I placed another order - for iPod. Here's what Apple website said about these orders:

MBP - ships in 2-4 days
iPod - ships in 24h

Now, iPod comes the very next day after shipping, MBP comes 12 days after shipping. So the delivery process itself takes 1 day in one case and 12 days in another. It's pretty confusing, isn't it? Especially that Apple doesn't say a word about that...
The iPod does not arrive the next day (only if you purchase faster delivery). It will be shipped within 25hrs, not arrive within 24 hours.

tomlat
12-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Oh I am sure it is written somewhere, just not there where it should be written. And your link just proved that in my opinion. Just my cents. Thanks anyway.

bryphotoguy
12-10-2007, 03:00 PM

MBP - ships in 2-4 days
iPod - ships in 24h

You ordered a customized MBP so it had to ship from China. 12 days is a little much but it did go half way around the world, am I right? Maybe it was delayed in customs??
Since your iPod arrived next day it could have easily been shipped from London if Apple has some sort of shipping facility there.

tomlat
12-10-2007, 03:03 PM
The iPod does not arrive the next day (only if you purchase faster delivery). It will be shipped within 25hrs, not arrive within 24 hours.

Since there are confusions here's a picture worth thousands words (I hope)
RED - the "ships in" time
BLACK - the actual delivery time