PDA

View Full Version : What makes your computer launch the boot screen?

slinki
12-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Hi All,

Ok, regarding a windows machine. When you put in your windows CD and restart your machine, it will bring up the "press any key to boot from cd" screen, or some alternitive.

Well...what causes that to happen?

I ask because i recently tried to make my own (perfectly legal) copy of windows, and when I put the burned cd into my machine and restart...nothing comes up at all! It just skips right on past like there no cd in there.

I realise this is a bit of a noob question, but any help would be great.

louishen
12-09-2007, 03:01 PM
Using a windows machine?

I don't think it is legal to copy a windows install CD - what to the terms and conditions say.

If there is copy protection on the windows disk that would prevent a boot up from CD

milessthomas
12-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Theres no way you can make a "legal" "legitimate" copy of windows. All windows cds must be on their original disks, the ones that look holographic, and show a little silver GENUINE.

slinki
12-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your concern about the legality issues....but just let me worry about that.

There is somethin that makes the cd boot and I wanna know what it is.

So...again, can anyone help?

There must be a simple answer to this question.

slinki
12-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Theres no way you can make a "legal" "legitimate" copy of windows.

How does this answer my question?

All windows cds must be on their original disks, the ones that look holographic, and show a little silver GENUINE.

You wanna bet? :Angry-Tongue:

slinki
12-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Using a windows machine?

I don't think it is legal to copy a windows install CD - what to the terms and conditions say.

If there is copy protection on the windows disk that would prevent a boot up from CD

Again...not really answering my question but thanks.

D3v1L80Y
12-10-2007, 01:11 PM
This should answer your question:

We choose to follow United States law in regard to what is permissible to be discussed here. Therefore discussion of illegal file sharing, cracked programs, requests for serial numbers, and any other breaches of copyright or other illegal activity are not allowed in these forums.

This also includes discussion of breaking the terms of software or hardware EULAs