Should I keep my new Macbook?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. So heres the story. I bought a Toshiba notebook and it was plastic failure with a cool webcam. After many hours of begging, I finally convinced my parents to purchase a macbook for me but I can't have it until the 24th. Should I keep the macbook or should I wait for the 'newer macbook' that I hear rumors about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
By one now and then buy a new one when it comes out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Money doesn't grow on trees for me. Good idea though :p

To be honest, if you want it now then now buy it. No matter when you purchase it there is always going to be another thing getting upgraded or a new model in the works. Buy it whenever you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
Im under the impreshion that that new macbook is going to be very small. I personaly think that the current macbook is small enough and I wouldent like anything even smaller.

Its totaly up to you though

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi, I'm new here. So heres the story. I bought a Toshiba notebook and it was plastic failure with a cool webcam. After many hours of begging, I finally convinced my parents to purchase a macbook for me but I can't have it until the 24th. Should I keep the macbook or should I wait for the 'newer macbook' that I hear rumors about.

If you're always waiting for the next big thing in technology, you'll be waiting forever. If the machine suits your needs as it stands, then don't worry about it and wait for Christmas and enjoy your gift.

Rumors about new Apple products are just that - rumors. Apple is one of the most tight-lipped companies in the industry when it comes to new products in the pipeline. I'd say the rumors are wrong far more often than they are right.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
Considering that the MacBook line was just updated to Santa Rosa Nov 1st, I doubt that there will be any major updates to the current form-factor MacBook in the next few months.

All the rumors are hinting at a ultra-portable MacBook Pro, or some sort of tablet device. Neither of these sound like what you are looking for if a current MacBook is what you are considering. And, like cwa107 says, rumors are just that, rumors.

Before purchasing my MacBook, I waited for the C2D over the CD, but that was because I didn't have an immediate need for the new laptop. Since January when I bought it, there have been two updates to the MacBook, but neither of those make my laptop any less powerful or less useful than when I bought it. You really don't want to fall into the trap of always wanting the "latest and greatest" as you will either never get anything, or never be satisfied.

If the current spec MacBook meets your needs, then get it and don't look back. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook \ 2GB Ram \ 2.2 GHz

there is a new macbook coming out?
oh crap.. I just bought this one..
:( this sucks.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook \ 2GB Ram \ 2.2 GHz
Does the computer do what you bought it to do? If yes, then relax - you did the right thing at the right time. :D

I'm in love with my macbook :D
I think the world should convert to apple.
Why does everyone bothers with PCs? They're nothing but trouble!
Not only are apples better, they're prettier too ;) •adores her white shiny macbook•

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm in love with my macbook :D
I think the world should convert to apple.
Why does everyone bothers with PCs? They're nothing but trouble!
Not only are apples better, they're prettier too ;) •adores her white shiny macbook•

Glad to hear it. I often have the same kind of buyer's remorse when I buy a new tech toy - more often with digital cameras than with computers. For example, a couple of years ago, Canon revamped their Digital Elph series of cameras. I read some good reviews on the SD300 and found it for a reasonable price, so I jumped on it. Soon after, several successors were released, each one offering better resolution, improved processors and zoom - all for the same price. I found myself regretting having made that purchase.

But I came to the point where I realized that technology is constantly improving. You have to buy the product that fits your needs and continue to use it until it stops doing so and not worry about what else comes out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.