audacity or lame

Reaction score
I created a track in audacity and I'm trying to export it as an mp3, in order to do that I need to export it to a library in LAME. I don't know how to do that or where I can find the library at. Can someone please help??

Thanks,

J

OP
J
Reaction score
now what

i downloaded that and when I try to export the track it prompts me to locate the library, but when i locate it it's not highlighted so that I can choose it. any advice???

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Which Mac are you using? Intel? Power PC?

Did you unzip the archive?

I am using a Power PC G5 here and the bottom URL worked for me with Audacity. If you have a newer Mac with Intel I am still looking. That one you grabbed needs to be compiled.

OP
J
Reaction score
macbook

I have the white 13 inch macbook, I'm not sure about the specs but i just bought it about 5 months ago.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have the white 13 inch macbook, I'm not sure about the specs but i just bought it about 5 months ago.

Got it. Go to this URL.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/mac

Be SURE you download Audacity 1.2.5 for intel. Don't get 1.2.6. IF YOU USE 1.2.6 it will not work and will be Grayed out.

mount the DMG. Make a folder for it and copy all into that folder in Applications.

Open that Lame you got. Expand the package folder till you finally see libmp3lame.dylib

Drag that to the Plug In folder inside the Audacity folder. Export as MP3 and when it asks point it to that libmp3lame.dylib. Mine worked. Intel Mac Mini.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I'm assuming you need the LAME MP3 encoder when you choose the export to MP3 option in Audacity.

Follow the directions on this page

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.