Printer + Appletalk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
Am I correct in thinking that I can use a printer from my MB using appletalk through my iMac to which it is connected with USB?

If so I cannot figure it out using the apple website.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
What is the nature of the USB connection between the MB and the iMac? Are you running ethernet over it? I believe TCP/IP is needed for what you want to do.

If the MB and the iMac are on the same ethernet LAN (i.e. both hanging off your DSL router, either via wires or wirelessly) then you should be able to reach the printer from either one via the magic of Bonjour. I print from my PC laptop (work forces me to use a PC) to a printer on my Mac via this mechanism. Works like a charm.

OP
KB3GZW
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The MB is wirelessly connected to my router and my iMac is hardwired to the router.

Also do I need to load the driver for the printer on my MB if I am not going to actually plug it into my MB?

OP
KB3GZW
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got it to work now. I didnt have the box "share this printer with other computers" checked. Thanks anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.