CD Eject / Windows

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm attempting to install windows xp on my macbook pro and put the CD in and right before the windows setup after it reboot, I realized I wanted to make my windows partition larger. Problem is whenever the macbook reboots, it always loads the windows CD and when I refuse to install xp it reboots my computer once again, repeating the cycle. I was wondering if there was a sure-fire way to remove the cd before windows starts or to start os x before the cd boots. I tried holding ctrl to boot from os x..i tried holding x to force a mac boot and those methods don't work.

If possible, I might just install windows now with the small partition and uninstall , make a larger partition then install again. Is there even any way to increase the partitions size after i install xp? Thanks :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
You have to hold the Option key (or Menu button remote) to choose which disk you want to boot from.

I'm not sure about the resizing partition after installing XP. You will most probably have to reinstall XP (Although, we can all agree that that is one task that we have completed so many number of times :) )

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.