Mac HD Missing?

Reaction score
I have been running bootcamp on my macbook pro without any problems with switching over from Mac OS to Win by holding option at startup. This morning I was still in windows and wanted to switch over so I shut down and tried holding option but nothing happened until finally only the windows HD appeared, not my Mac HD. I then started windows and tried to restart mac OS from bootcamp but it said it can't find my HD....

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
If you boot into single user mode (boot up and hold down the "s" key and run the command:
diskutil list

What do you get?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
I believe you are supposed to go into system preferences - startup disk- and then select Windows and reboot to get into a Windows environment. There is a similar way from within Windows to select the Mac OS and reboot.
In Windows go into control panel - double click boot camp - select Mac OS and restart to get back to Tiger/Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
I believe you are supposed to go into system preferences - startup disk- and then select Windows and reboot to get into a Windows environment. There is a similar way from within Windows to select the Mac OS and reboot.
In Windows go into control panel - double click boot camp - select Mac OS and restart to get back to Tiger/Leopard

I believe that you idea was already tried...

I then started windows and tried to restart mac OS from bootcamp but it said it can't find my HD....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.