PDA

View Full Version : Mac HD Missing?

sfzobie
12-02-2007, 05:20 PM
I have been running bootcamp on my macbook pro without any problems with switching over from Mac OS to Win by holding option at startup. This morning I was still in windows and wanted to switch over so I shut down and tried holding option but nothing happened until finally only the windows HD appeared, not my Mac HD. I then started windows and tried to restart mac OS from bootcamp but it said it can't find my HD....

Any suggestions?

htdefiant
12-07-2007, 05:21 PM
If you boot into single user mode (boot up and hold down the "s" key and run the command:
diskutil list

What do you get?

MaDDoG
12-07-2007, 06:03 PM
I believe you are supposed to go into system preferences - startup disk- and then select Windows and reboot to get into a Windows environment. There is a similar way from within Windows to select the Mac OS and reboot.
In Windows go into control panel - double click boot camp - select Mac OS and restart to get back to Tiger/Leopard

NPuter
12-12-2007, 08:46 PM
I believe you are supposed to go into system preferences - startup disk- and then select Windows and reboot to get into a Windows environment. There is a similar way from within Windows to select the Mac OS and reboot.
In Windows go into control panel - double click boot camp - select Mac OS and restart to get back to Tiger/Leopard

I believe that you idea was already tried...

I then started windows and tried to restart mac OS from bootcamp but it said it can't find my HD....