Everything sucks except the powermac?

P

PinkPhishDoors

For the past few years I have thought that powermacs, imacs, emacs, etc... I thought there wasn't much difference in terms of power and speed, i mean obviously i thought that for video editing etc. powermacs were the best. Come to find out after searching through apple-history.com and apple.com that Powermacs are FAR BETTER.

Basicly I never realized that iMacs, eMacs, iBooks, and Powerbooks lacked in ONE MAJOR AREA. The Frontside bus... Other then the Power Macs, the fastest bus speeds have gotten is 167 MHZ... DOES ANYONE ELSE SEE A PROBLEM WITH THIS??? What is the point of having a fast processor when you can't get the data back in forth that fast?? :confused: .

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I believe this is a problem that Moterola cannot fix in the G4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
yeah, I noticed that right off the bat. Honestly, it's all relativity. For example: Alone, the G4 is fast, but relative to the G5.......must I even go here?

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

I mean, come on apple hurry up and upgrade the other computers to G5. Do you think that when the new iMacs come out emacs and powerbooks will be out too, at the same time i mean?

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
No way. Will never happen at the same time.

Give Apple time. The G5 will get into the others eventually, or the dual-core G4's.

I predict that hype.it is going to come in this thread at any minute teasing me and saying how weak my bus is...

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

I would not doubt that the eMacs and iMacs will be ready at the same time... but i predict that apple will wait to release the eMac until they run out of the current models... as for the powerbooks, i don't know about the cooling system they can use and how they can fit it in there while still remaining 1 inch thick... so "that" could take some time... oh yeah and the power problem, I am assuming the G5s suck the life out of batteries... right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Right! Well then! What part of Here in Mac We don't need to FIX windows/Linux. See? Here it is Done! Nuff said

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.