Need Help Sharing Files On My Server!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 2.5GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB @5200 rpm Hard Drive, OS X 10.5
I have asked the support guys at dream host, and they pointed me here. I tried this, but I get confused. When I use cyberduck and log into an ssh session, I default to a /home/.suzan/my_username/ and it lists the folders there (such as my folder that my site is in, and the folder I want to share). I open a terminal and start an ssh to my server and follow the directions on the page support gave me. The group name is hollimat and I replace /home/user/directory with what I default to so that she can get into that folder. This doesn't seem to work... i use putty in windows to try and access that folder it seems to let me cd into the folder, put I type "ls" to get the list of stuff in there, and it tells me that permission is denied. I have checked the dreamhost panel, we are both part of the hollimat group. What do I need to do so that we can share files via this server of mine??

Thanks in advance!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.