Searched to no avail: 24" External Monitor compatible with Macbook?

Reaction score
Hi. Simple question really...

Does anyone have a 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor hooked up to their Macbook?
Or does anyone know if this is possible without distortion or "ugliness".

Thanks in advance!

While your at it you can recommend me some nice 24" too. =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Searched to no avail: 24" External Monitor compatible with Macbook?
Where exactly did you search? It must not have been this forum, since there are tons of threads on this with this same topic/question here.

OP
E
Reaction score
Where exactly did you search? It must not have been this forum, since there are tons of threads on this with this same topic/question here.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I searched several forums, all of them had only topics related to monitor compatibilities and the whole "sleep" issue, but not really 24" screens compatible with macbooks. I saw 22", but not 24".

Just want to confirm before I buy.

Reaction score
Any TFT screen will work won't it, make sure it has a DVI port for best quality.

OP
E
Reaction score
Not sure about the TFT screen, i'm just wondering specifically if the size of 24" will be compatible with a regular macbook.

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
It sure will be compatible. Only thing is you will need a mini-dvi to DVI converter ($20 or so). I sometimes use my 24" dell with my iBook and it works perfectly (although it does lag a bit sometimes). The new macbook with the x3100 should be more than capable of powering the 1920*1200 resolution...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.