Boot Camp Beta

Reaction score
Hi,
i'm running the boot camp Beta on Tiger 10.4, and was wondering if i can update the graphics card drivers for windows manually or do i have to buy leopard in order to update the drivers and are those drivers performing better?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
OP
C
Reaction score
Hi,
i'm running the boot camp Beta on Tiger 10.4, and was wondering if i can update the graphics card drivers for windows manually or do i have to buy leopard in order to update the drivers and are those drivers performing better?

OH and by the way, can i continue using the beta without upgrading to leo?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
ok, how can i actualy close a thread?

You can't.
In the future, if you feel that your thread was placed in the wrong forum, contact a member of the staff to have them move it. Please do not crosspost and start a new duplicate thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
If you're on bootcamp beta how come you're still able to use it. Has Apple extended it till now?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Boot Camp beta doesn't expire till the end of the year, so he still has around a month till it officially expires. Even then, he'll still be able to boot into Windows since only the Assistant will be disabled.

As for the original question. I tried updating drivers manually once, but it didn't work, but that was with version 1.2, so I'm not sure whether it still applies with 1.4. You could always give it a try, but chances are you're locked into Apple's drivers. So your only two options would be to either upgrade to Leopard, or get yourself a copy of the drivers on the Leopard disc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.