• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Girl problems - advice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I'm almost embarassed to ask this on a public forum but you guys seem good at giving advice on this stuff.

I've run into a problem with a really close friend of mine and have been upset about it.

What should I be drinking? Cheap Beer, Expensive Beer, Hard Liquor?

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
No thanks. I did make up a shot Monday night called "a gentleman riding a mexican turkey".

Gentleman's Jack
Cuervo
Turkey 101

That went down a little rough to first two or three times.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
don't treat the symptom - treat the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
I am not sure I understand what happened.

Were you wanting to hang out with a friend of yours that was a girl and didn't know what to buy for the occasion?

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I am not sure I understand what happened.

Were you wanting to hang out with a friend of yours that was a girl and didn't know what to buy for the occasion?

Heh...you could say that. O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
What is the environment? What is the mood? What impession do you want to give?

Beer is like... blue collar. But a fun atmosphere.
Shots are like... college kid. Drink to get drunk.
Sweet fruity drinks... need I say this one?
Wine... friendly, wholesome, respectable. "I think of you respectfully but lets get drunk and screw" kind of drink.
Something hard on the rocks... classy, possible snooty though.

Hm... tough question!

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Heh...you could say that. O:)

Er...it's more like we've been yelling on the phone at each other for the past two days and I'm going to go hang out with some friends and get drunk again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
in that case i would go with the cheap beer, always makes for a trip down memory lane with my buddies

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Woo hoo! It's almost a tie.

That means boiler makers! (Cheap beer with a shot of cheap whiskey dropped in)

Did I forget to mention I'm going to probably be getting drunk with her good friend :Mischievous:

This one:
1862119012_ad02db415f_m.jpg

Tonight's going to be fun. I can feel it. O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D, 2Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 120 GB HD, ipod nano 8GB, 500GB MyBook
A bottle of whiskey, in a darkened room, alone with your thoughts...drown your sorrows...

Have a wonderful day! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Give the girl liquor. She'll get drunk faster.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I'm almost embarassed to ask this on a public forum but you guys seem good at giving advice on this stuff.

I've run into a problem with a really close friend of mine and have been upset about it.

What should I be drinking? Cheap Beer, Expensive Beer, Hard Liquor?
As long as you connect the problem with the beverage, drink water, lots of water, lots of ice water.

1. Solve the problem with your girlfriend. Fix it or dump her.

2. If you're about to get all friendly with her best friend, this best friend doesn't have any respect for her friend, you, or your relationship with your girlfriend. She's also not likely to be your best choice for someone you can trust. That mirror can be turned too. If you're ready to go looking for someone else while you have a girlfriend, you're not exactly making a good name for yourself either.

Your girlfriend's best friend looks cute, but don't even think about anything with her until you are once again a Free Man.

3. Never, ever drink cheap beer.
icon13.gif
Haven't we taught you better than that?!

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
As long as you connect the problem with the beverage, drink water, lots of water, lots of ice water.

1. Solve the problem with your girlfriend. Fix it or dump her.

2. If you're about to get all friendly with her best friend, this best friend doesn't have any respect for her friend, you, or your relationship with your girlfriend. She's also not likely to be your best choice for someone you can trust. That mirror can be turned too. If you're ready to go looking for someone else while you have a girlfriend, you're not exactly making a good name for yourself either.

Your girlfriend's best friend looks cute, but don't even think about anything with her until you are once again a Free Man.

3. Never, ever drink cheap beer.
icon13.gif
Haven't we taught you better than that?!

A ha! I am single and I don't have a girlfriend. Plus the friend has a boy friend. He's big and in the army. Plus they're all just friends.

I love me some expensive beer. There is a place in town that does sell Boddingtons. It's not really expensive but I like it and it's much better than miller lite.

Reaction score
I don't know what the problem is, but avoid alcohol. It might make things worse in terms of spilling your guts when you don't really want to haha.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I don't know what the problem is, but avoid alcohol. It might make things worse in terms of spilling your guts when you don't really want to haha.

Oops. That's why I stay away from Jaegermeister. That and the five beers I had in the first five or ten minutes I was at the bar didn't help either.

On the other hand, the gentleman riding a mexican turkey did the whole angry thing. If corona wasn't so crappy, I'd drink it and talk with a carribean accent like they do in all the radio commercials. Times like these call for a mind eraser:

Khalua
Vodka
Tonic Water

Reaction score
That bad huh? So what's really going on? It's ok, you can say it. We'll try our best to help you out. ;)

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Really, the hardest choice is what to drink. Other than that, there's not much of a problem.

I just feel that a week of hanging out with the rest of my friends is in order.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.