hwo to network windows and imac (mac os 9)

Reaction score
iam using imac g3 with mac os 9 and i have laptop runing windows xp with ntfs harddrive, how can i network them so that i can access files from laptop on my imac.

Reaction score
I found this on the web some time ago and saved it:
Heres the basic idea:Networking Windows XP to Mac OS 8.1

Since people were wondering what program to use to connect XP to older Mac OS's this is my experience on what I used.

Since Windows XP no longer supports the AppleTalk Protocol. I found that the best program to use was PC MacLAN. I first connected both computers via Cat5 cable to a switch. I downloaded the trial version, which you can use for up to 180 minutes. After I installed it and went through the configuration wizard, I used Miramar AppleTalk Network and it recognized the Mac right away. Double clicked on computer icon, prompted for a user name and password and that was it. It makes it very simple as long as you have enabled on your Mac file sharing, TCP/IP, and AppleTalk.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.