Windows Help.

Reaction score
i dunno what happened but i could not get into windows anymore. it just kept loading as if it was trying but would eventually restart and do the same thing over and over again. so i installed a new copy but i didn't delete the old one. i know all my files are there because i only have 15 Free GB outta 120 GB. i can access my program files but cant get to my desktop where all my old files were. anyone know how i can recover them?

p.s. windows is super lame

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Sure you can't get access to your desktop? Just copy the user folder from your documents and settings over to your mac desktop, and then do a get info, and change the permissions so you can access the files.

Anyway, on my Mac, my desktop folder is fully accessible (documents and settings / Username / desktop) so just try that first.

OP
MacBoi
Reaction score
yea, i tried that. it is saying access denied. i cant even open the folder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
You can't even change the permissions after copying the folder to your mac HDD? Admin rights should prevail. Unless maybe you have a password on your windows account or something. I don't know how it would behave if that were the case...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.