Mac goes to Sleep - Can't Record Audio

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Don't know if anyone is experiencing this problem:

I often record audio on my MAC. Everything works great.
However, when I drop my audio recording, to for instance go make something to eat, I come back and my MAC is in Sleep mode.

This is fine so far. However, whenever I re-commence working on my audio project I can't record anything. All recording doesn't work.
I reapply the correct settings just to make sure, but to no avail.

The only way I could beat the problem is to reboot my MAC, but obviously this is a nuisance.

Has anyone came across this issue? Are there any solutions?

Thanks for reading! :)
Jenny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Hi Jenny and welcome to M-F!

Details, we need details. What kind of Mac do you have? What external equipment have you connected to your Mac, if any? Which version of operating system are you using? What application are you using for recording? Is all of your relevant s/w up-to-date? That sounds pretty drastic to have to reboot.

One obvious short term solution would be to not put your Mac to sleep when you're in the middle of a recording session. Is that viable? Would your Mac be safe if you left it awake? If not, can you lock the room with the Mac?

M

MacHeadCase

This is a hardware problem and recording is only the front end of the problem.

Like MO said above, which Mac do you use? Is it a desktop or a notebook? Which exact OS version are you using on it? Give more details because to help out we have nothing much to go on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.