Song I Wrote..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Hey all, I just recorded this track with CakeWalk Pro Audio 9 on Windows (I know I know), it's a bit rough and only the first 47 seconds of it, but I'd just like to get some feedback..

I just came up with this today so I make some mistakes and the guitar sounds crappy because of the Amp Simulator in CakeWalk.

I recorded both bass and guitar tracks.

Download mp3 file HERE

Thanks for taking the time to listen :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
If you have volume automation, you may want to cut in right as the guitar comes in so you don't have the empty noise at the beginning of the track. Also, play with some eq to give it a fuller sound.

another trick is to use two mics. One right in the middle of a speak cone and the other a few feet away. You then mix the tracks so they sound even. It gives guitars a really nice thick gooey sound. Not heavy, but as in adds presence.

You really should have some more low end on the guitar too. It might just be my pc speakers, but it sound too high and tinny.

Reaction score
You could mic your amp by putting one mic in front and one in back. My audio teacher taught me that.

OP
Audio.Trench
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
See, teh thing is, I don't have a mic anymore. I had to take it back because it was either that or groceries.

Anyways, I was plugging directly in. It took me about 30 minutes to record/mix that track. I honestly didn't even touch any EQ settings or anything. It's been a while since I've used CakeWalk so yeah.

I know how to mic/record/mix stuff. I used to do the sound when my band played shows and record years ago. I just don't have the proper hardware to do it. So I have no choice but to go directly in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
See, teh thing is, I don't have a mic anymore. I had to take it back because it was either that or groceries.

Anyways, I was plugging directly in. It took me about 30 minutes to record/mix that track. I honestly didn't even touch any EQ settings or anything. It's been a while since I've used CakeWalk so yeah.

I know how to mic/record/mix stuff. I used to do the sound when my band played shows and record years ago. I just don't have the proper hardware to do it. So I have no choice but to go directly in.

Does cakewalk come with plug ins? Amp modeling works pretty good.

OP
Audio.Trench
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Yeah it does, I beleive.. I haven't used it in years so I don't know what their software is like now.. I'd use GarageBand, but I needed the money so I took my USB Mic back :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.