Can't Update Album Artwork?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
I just went out and bought a new CD by my fav artist. So I took it home and promptly ripped it to my iTunes. I go to google and download the appropriate album artwork, and then select all of the songs and get info. I tried selecting the artwork from file and it seemed to work, but nothing ever actually got changed in iTunes one I clicked OK.

So then I started going song by song, checking if there was something wrong with the artwork tab. For some reason, some of the songs had the Artwork tab greyed out so I couldn't change it. I attached a picture so everyone could see what I was talking about.

Does anyone know how to fix this or what this means?

artwork.jpg

OP
jdgti
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
please someone help...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
New MACBOOK
highlight all the songs, click the apple and i keys at the same time, then you should have a box to drag and drop the album art into.

Reaction score
I just went out and bought a new CD by my fav artist. So I took it home and promptly ripped it to my iTunes. I go to google and download the appropriate album artwork, and then select all of the songs and get info. I tried selecting the artwork from file and it seemed to work, but nothing ever actually got changed in iTunes one I clicked OK.

So then I started going song by song, checking if there was something wrong with the artwork tab. For some reason, some of the songs had the Artwork tab greyed out so I couldn't change it. I attached a picture so everyone could see what I was talking about.

Does anyone know how to fix this or what this means?

View attachment 7259

Have a look to see if you have Write Permissions for the songs. You'll have to navigate to where the song lives in the iTunes Library folder on your HD and right-click and perform a "Get Info" on each problem song so you can check and change the Permissions if necessary.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 1,1 / 2x2.66 GHz Dual Core Xeon / 5 GB RAM / OS 10.6
The first thing to do is check the file format. Certain file types accept artwork (eg. MP3 and AAC), but others don't. It seems to me that many of the lossless formats aren't compatible with artwork.

Could that be the problem?

OP
jdgti
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
it's .wav format

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.