Just opened up my MB pro box

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2 Intel 2GB MBP 15"
I'm giving it a whirl, after 15+ years on a pc, 2 years working with Linux, work has offered to get my a mac so I took the offer.

I work in IT. I spend a lot of time in cisco routers and setting up linux servers... all the nerdy stuff you don't usually associate with a Mac. I might get some black rimmed glasses though...

We'll see how it goes! My boss has been pretty happy with his, aside from some wifi issues... (something about having to put a $ in front of his wifi passkey.)

If anyone has some advice on some good tools for IT pros I'm all ears. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Are you going to install linux or xp using bootcamp? If not I suggest you do.:Smirk:

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2 Intel 2GB MBP 15"
I have a copy of Parallels here. That acts as an alternative to bootcamp right? Or do I need both?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 Ghz 4GB RAM OS X 10.5.1
Parallels is an alternative. Instead of booting up in either OS X or Windows, Parallels lets you emulate Windows, Linux, etc while you're running OS X. VMware works quite well too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I would wait a while before installing another OS right away. There really isn't much need for it in the beginning.
Get acclimated and fluent with using OS X first.
Then after you are comfortable with OS X, if you decide that you absolutely need a second OS installed, go ahead.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.