• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

what do you rub?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
Alright, there was a thread a few days ago about what people smoke and what they smoke, why not about one about people that chew and what they chew?

I preferebly chew on some Grizzly wintergeen, but every once in a while will splurge for some Skoal wintergreen or even the copenhagen black (bourbon blend). For the rest of you that chew tobacco, what do you guys/girls (although I hope there are less girls) go for...?

and on a side note, how many of you that chew listen to country music? this really has nothing to do with it, but it seems that alot of country singers metion chew and/or whiskey in their songs?

edit* i forgot to metion that I am long cut FTW

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I tried chewing once, lets just say it did not go well.

Nuff said....

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Spawn__Dooley;530612 said:
Is this the stuff that goes in the spitoon?

Yes it is. I personally can not stand it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I know a number of folks who chew, doesn't bother me much. As long as they don't leave their half full spit cans sitting around I'm good with it. I find it less annoying that second hand smoke.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I know a number of folks who chew, doesn't bother me much. As long as they don't leave their half full spit cans sitting around I'm good with it. I find it less annoying that second hand smoke.

The roommates I had at one point spit it in the glass's I had to wash. It made me very ill. That is why I am so squeamish around Chew. :D

Reaction score
Can't get Sherrif J.W.Pepper outta my head now ....

200px-sheriff_j.w._pepper_by_clifton_james_2-20071118-200630.jpg

F

Fallooza

...just the thought of the smell sickens me. i never understood why some one would put somethin in there mouth that they werent willin ta swallow. people that do it also have very bad breath in my opinion. i tryed ta try it once but couldnt get past the smell.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Never done it, but my step-father does. He has a standing offer to me for $50 if I swallow a pinch. I could do it, I but I don't want to be one of those people, willing to do gross things for money. I think they call that prostitution.

...i never understood why some one would put somethin in there mouth that they werent willin ta swallow...

Oh, and my step-father swallows the "juices" instead of spitting them. That's pretty hard-core.

I try to get him to quit by reminding him of people who have had to have their entire jaws removed due to cancer and spend the rest of their life sopping up their own saliva. It doesn't seem to phase him.

M

MacHeadCase

Anyone remember Lenny Dykstra? I used to watch baseball when we had a team here and that guy grossed me so totally out... :Grimmace:

pg2_a_dykstra_195.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Chewing Tobacco!!!!!!

WE don't really have that here in England

But watch out, we call cigarettes ****!

So if a Brit asks you for a ***, they don't fancy you or anything

Opps... looks like the singular for that word is on the banned list, sorry, but it is not offensive where I live.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
i hate the minor banned words aye yie yie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Funny the plural version isn't banned. I'm sure someone will be correcting that soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I've tried it twice and got very sick both times. It just overloads you with nicotine in a really short time. I have a few friends who do it, but I guess my body can't handle it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Did you know that dip, such as skoal and copenhagen, was originally dry and called snuff, and still is some places. It was intended to be snorted up the nose not placed in the mouth. It wasn't until the mid 1800's when moist snuff first started becoming popular in America. Most countries still use the dry snuff. Chew, or chaw, is different it came in the large blocks that you would cut a piece off to chew on. Of course now you can still find the blocks but the packs of shredded chew are more popular. Just thought I would share that, I thought it was interesting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
We call it dip down here in the ATL. A lot of people dip down here. I lean towards Skoal straight long cut. Sometimes I get Wintergreen cause its so tasty :) Also I like peach and when I am low on money I get grizzly wintergreen... but that stuff is like dirt in a can.

My buddy likes the new Cope that tastes like BBQ. I think its called "hickory". Good lord that is the most terrible thing you could ever put in your mouth.

My group of friends has this understanding that not everyone always has dip on them at all times. So if we are out, or doing homework/studying, and we have run out of dip, we can get a cut from someone. Its nice cause no one is a miser about it, and no one takes advantage of it at all. Kind of like, I'll hit you back later kind of thing.

Anyway, I told myself I wasn't going to dip today, but now I am going to have to put in a sizable cut after writing this post. Mmmmm...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
i rub my shoulders when they are sore :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
Just threw in a cut. This brings me to a couple of interesting questions for the forum-goers.

1. Do you prefer a location for your dip? (Ex. Right side in back, only bottom lip in the front, etc.)

2. What do you prefer to spit in? (Ex. Soda bottle, beer bottle, paper cup)

To answer OP, I hate country music. I listen to electronic music.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
Chewing Tobacco!!!!!!

WE don't really have that here in England

But watch out, we call cigarettes ****!

So if a Brit asks you for a ***, they don't fancy you or anything

Opps... looks like the singular for that word is on the banned list, sorry, but it is not offensive where I live.

i didnt realise people still did it...
I live in the UK too and its not common, the only thing i chew is airwaves ;)
OOO and smoke age has gone up to 18 :(
Nah well i had given up anyway

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.