PDA

View Full Version : Emulators

little_italy
06-24-2003, 06:31 PM
Hi all,

i was just wondering if anyone could answer a quick question about windows emulators...

the question is... If i had a windows emulator would i be able to run PC games from it?

thanks in advance

Little Italy

rman
06-24-2003, 06:41 PM
You can use virtual pc. But from everything I have read, you won't like the performance. Now that depends on the games you plan to play. It maybe better to have a PC for games and an Apple for real work. :)

little_italy
06-24-2003, 06:49 PM
thanks, i'm not really planning to play loads of games on my mac anyway, just some old classics like Monkey Island and other lucas arts games :)

rman
06-24-2003, 07:00 PM
Hopefully, the performance issue won't be a problem.

Graphite
06-24-2003, 08:21 PM
Ok if you are going to use a Windows emulator.. i would suggest waiting till either later this summer or next year some time.. (mb dec or jan) because VPC is horrid at running games... and it is now in M$'s hands... and there will be a new Windows Emulator comming out with Video card support... so games wont be as laggy.. right now with VPC its pretty sad even trying to find a game that will run.

little_italy
06-24-2003, 08:45 PM
cool, i think i'll wait till then

Fluid
06-25-2003, 02:35 AM
The only game you can play correctly on VPC is solitare and may be pinball. Not much else.