• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Tazered and Pepper sprayed, WOO HOO!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Well we had a training day at work today. First we get pepper sprayed and have to go to another area to complete certain tasks. Then after we somewhat recover we get tazered. All in all I would have to say I prefer a good old fashioned gunshot wound to either one.;D This is the 3rd time for the Tazer and 4th time for pepper spray so you would think I would be used to it, but you know it still kinda hurts. Anyone else get sprayed/tazered on a semi regular basis?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Sheesh! Remind me to avoid whatever your line of work is!

Reaction score
I find the tazering part "shocking." As far as the pepper spray goes: that sounds like "nothing to sneeze at!" :D :D

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
no you didn't say that, PapaNoHair!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Core2 Duo, 2.33MHZ, 160GB HD, 2GB RAM, ATI X1600 256 MB
My husband is a training officer for Taser procedures for his PD. Everyone who is going to carry a taser has to be tazed themselves so they can see how it feels. I saw the video of the time he had to do it. He said it didn't hurt, you're just incapacitated until it stops. He' been sprayed too - at least a few times.

You guys are nuts. ;)

Reaction score
I work in quality control at a tazer factory. They test them all on me before they leave the factory. Sadly, most of them work very well.

OP
WakeCarver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
I find the tazering part "shocking." As far as the pepper spray goes: that sounds like "nothing to sneeze at!" :D :D

Now thats funny!:D We had it videoed this time, I'll post a link as soon as i can get a copy of the video on .mac account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I've been tear gassed and pepper sprayed before (when I was in bootcamp) but never tazered....

OP
WakeCarver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Which one do you think is worse baggss, OC or CS. To me OC just hurts but it lasts a while. CS makes it hard to breathe but once you are out of the chamber its pretty much all over with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
CS was worse for me and seemed to last much longer, even once out of the chamber. OC hurt like heck but didn't seem to last as long or impact me as much. Then again, this was back in the mid-80s and the CS was Vietnam era vintage and OC was still fairly new and may not have been a strong as the stuff they use today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i would go with pepper spray being worse. cs clers my sinuses. pepper spray burns all day. i get sprayed semi-annually for a qualification i am required to have.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i would go with pepper spray being worse. cs clers my sinuses. pepper spray burns all day. i get sprayed semi-annually for a qualification i am required to have.

Ah yes, force protection.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
I'm afraid I'd wind up dead from being tazered!! NO thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
i never have been. dont think i ever want to be

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
I remember spraying pepper spray in the car once with the windows up, NOT a good idea! It was an accident but it was pretty awful. I don't think I would enjoy doing it again.

OP
WakeCarver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey guys, I've been in the field all weekend. Got to kill lots of plastic pop up silhouettes! Ate some good Army chow, God my stomach hurts, and hung out with everyone. I didn't have to shoot any privates so it was a pretty good training weekend. I have a few days off now so it's beer time!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.