• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Need your advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
Hey everyone, I recently got an email by someone from Quick Flix TV Show.
I'm apart of a college newspaper for school, and I typically post videos and stuff like that on youtube for Towson students.
Here's what the email says:
(Begin)
We came across your ‘Towson Cribs Episode 1’ video located at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR4F5AdZ5kc and decided to look you up.

My name is Brent Phelps and I am an Associate Producer for the “Quick Flix” TV show being developed at WLNY-TV55.

WLNY-TV55 is the largest independent television station in the country. The station reaches over 24 million people (5.5 million homes), and is often one of the most watched television stations in the New York, New Jersey, Connecticut tri-state area.

We are in the process of developing a weekly television show, called “Quick Flix”, featuring online videos and believe your videos would be of interest to our viewers. The show will consist of various types of videos and is currently in production.

If you are interested in the potential exposure of having your work seen on TV by more than 24 million viewers (and soon after nationally), please follow the instructions below.

Step 1: Upload video(s) for consideration to http://www.Flix55.com.
Step 2: Our show’s editors will select the videos to air on the TV show.
Step 3: We will contact you when your clip is selected to air in an episode of “Quick Flix”.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Brent Phelps
Associate Producer
Quick Flix TV Show
270 South Service Road, Suite 45
Melville, NY 11747

(END)

Do you guys think this is legit? Anyone hear of quick flix? What would you do?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.