Using Nokia N95 as a modem with Leopard

Reaction score
a lot of people (me included) had some trouble with using their N95 with their Mac. There is a guide out for Tiger but not leopard so i whipped one up one my site HERE
Any questions etc post here and ill help out :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 3.06Ghz 7200RPM 500gb
I am using tiger, but just got an N95-3 last week. Would you happen to have the modem scripts or know a website I could find them at? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro 3.06Ghz 7200RPM 500gb
OP
nirvana
Reaction score
I've had an e-mail about the page not being available anymore so I've made it in to a PDF and have attached it .

Attachments

• modem%20guide.pdf
    243.9 KB · Views: 153
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
Just wondering if this is a good idea because some one ran up a bill of over 23-grand doing that with some sights cost £18 a minute just to browse! I dont no if this apply's to you but just a heads up :D

OP
nirvana
Reaction score
That's why T-mobile's Web "n" Walk is great. It's £7.50 for internet on your phone, £12.50 for the same but you are also allowed to use the phone as a modem which is what I'm on. It is "unlimited" 3GB fair use i've gone over that by a large amount all you get is a letter in with your bill saying about the fair usage etc and if you continue to go heavily over the fair usage they just limit the speed to 64kb/s which for browsing the web and sending e-mail is fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white Macbook, Ipod nano 1st&3rd gen
oww thats good dint want you to die of hart failure when you sore you bill lol ;) just in case you dint no

OP
nirvana
Reaction score
Yer i know data usage prices are extortionate using over 7GB of data would have cost me a fortune.

Reaction score
I have managed to get my N95 to connect as a modem using the USB
but when using the same settings with a bluetooth connect i get the error message

"could not negotiate a connection with the remote ppp server. please verify your settings and try again."

any ideas

Reaction score
I have managed to get my N95 working as a bluetooth modem using Leopard, but it often disconnects for no reason, or it says it is still connected on both the phone and in leopard, but it does not send or receive any data.

and i cant find any help on getting my N95 to work as a USB modem, i had it dialled in Tiger but Leopard isnt loving me quite the same way.

any help?

Reaction score
Sorry

Sorry was a little while ago now that I got it to work

and i dont recall where the tutorial I followed was

i can tell you that i had to look hard to find one
the most useful ones i found tended to be on blogs of people who had got it to work and posted their success

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Just for info:

You can use JoikuSpot on your N95. It allows any wi-fi device (providing they know the password) to connect to your N95 as a wi-fi internet hotspot.

Saves any mucking about with modem drivers etc and works with any wi-fi device.

I use it with my iPod touch and Macbook when I'm out of range of a 'fixed' hotspot or my home network.

Worth a look if you're struggling to setup the N95 as a standard modem.

Reaction score
APN on Leopard is under "Advanced..."

buggars

they hid away the APN field under advanced configuration options for bluetooth modems

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.