Iphone wi-fi connection problems

Reaction score
I bought my iphone with glee on Friday evening and rushed home to get started. I've played with it religiously all weekend and even friends that thought I was mental to buy it have had a go and can't say anything other than what an amazing piece of equipment it is.

OK I've said how great it is now I'm going back to my O2 shop to have it replaced for the second time due to the fact that there are Internet connection problems. It won't connect to wi-fi, not even stood in the middle of the O2 shop meaning I can't get onto itunes or YouTube, so it was replaced straight away. Unfortunately activating the new one the same problem occurred. I then spent an hour on the phone to the O2 support line who eventually told me what I already knew, that I would need a second replacement and that they are aware of the issue.

I'm posting this as I have been looking all over for anyone who has been having similar problems and doesn't know what they are doing wrong. Even though my O2 shop told me mine was the first problem model and replacement I get the impression I won't be the last. My advice is to check that all of the functions are working asap as the guy at O2 suggested after a few weeks that phones would need to be sent away and a temp phone (not iphone) supplied so it can be fixed AND i might have to pay for the privilege!

Hopefully tomorrow I'll receive a fully functioning one, like the ones they have on display!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.