AUX CABLE WITH skip button?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
is there a aux cable that has headphone plugs on both sides that has the skip button like the stock apple headset???

I'd like to just hit shuffle in my car, and skip songs I don't want to hear without turning the iPhone screen on and unlocking...???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
You'd need to do some hardware hacking to make this work. You could theoretically make the cable you are talking about by buying a stock iPhone headset and chopping off the earphones and splicing in a new 1/8" stereo plug. This would be kind of ugly, if not over the typical consumer's head.

Another viable option would be to see if Apple still makes the remote control attachment that plugs into the dock connecter. If so, you could get that control, plug your stereo's plug into that, then you have a full 5 button remote right there...play/pause, track forward/back, volume up/down. I'm not sure if they still make that remote, though.

OP
kgeier82
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
You'd need to do some hardware hacking to make this work. You could theoretically make the cable you are talking about by buying a stock iPhone headset and chopping off the earphones and splicing in a new 1/8" stereo plug. This would be kind of ugly, if not over the typical consumer's head.

Another viable option would be to see if Apple still makes the remote control attachment that plugs into the dock connecter. If so, you could get that control, plug your stereo's plug into that, then you have a full 5 button remote right there...play/pause, track forward/back, volume up/down. I'm not sure if they still make that remote, though.

not really sure about the remote you speak of, is it on ebay, or apple still?

splicing is an option, since the cable will be tucked away for the most part anyways. i thought about just buying a unversal dock, (with the remote sensor), and just plugging that it.

i just dont know how well the dock works with the iphone. im just sick of the way i haev to skip to the next song with the iphone, and no actual skip button

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.