why cant i run windows xp on my macbook?

Reaction score
ive been trying to install windows xp on my computer for a while now .

i have a windows xp pro/home edition cd. whenever i restart my macbook with the cd in the drive and hold option at the same time i get the two icons- Mac HD, and Windows XP. i double click the windows icon and it says press (A) for home edition or (B) for pro edition. but i cant use my keyboard, and eventually i have to pop the battery pack out of the bottom.... idk why but my computer just like freezes whenever i double click that windows icon... why cant i get past this stage????

OP
D
Reaction score
Windows Isnt Working With Boot Camp!!

okay ive tried FIVE different windows xp cds and leopard boot camp is NOT working for my macbook. it goes through the partion process, then goes to the copying files process, then after it restarts it just says .... error with disc press and button to restart, and my keyboard doesnt work..

ZOMGBBQFTW is wrong with my mac book? this is FUNKY AND FABULICIOUSLY FRESH, ive been trying to do this SINCE THAT ONE TIME AT BAND CAMP.....;

OP
D
Reaction score
windows not working on my bootcamp leopard.. HELP PLEASE

ive been trying to install windows xp on my computer for a while now .

i have a windows xp pro/home edition cd. whenever i restart my macbook with the cd in the drive and hold option at the same time i get the two icons- Mac HD, and Windows XP. i double click the windows icon and it says press (A) for home edition or (B) for pro edition. but i cant use my keyboard, and eventually i have to pop the battery pack out of the bottom.... idk why but my computer just like freezes whenever i double click that windows icon... why cant i get past this stage????

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You need a Windows XP CD with SP2 integrated. It also needs to be a non-branded OEM or retail copy. In addition, that copy can not have been installed on another computer.

If you have a Windows XP disc that meets those criteria, but does not have SP2 integrated, you can follow this tutorial to create a "slipstreamed" disc that will do the trick.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.