• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Promotions? Sales?

Reaction score
Why doesn't Apple ever offer any promotions or put their MB, MBP, or iMac's on sale? Looking to get my first Mac but a promotion or even a rebate would help out!

Any thoughts to this??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
If people are buying them why would they put them on sale? i know that isnt the best answer to your question but it makes it is logical for the business.

They do offer discounts to students. Which if you are like me didn't help out at all because i am not a student. They also offer discounts to the military (at least they do in the states) Also you could look in the refurb section as they have deals in there.

OP
Airborneforest
Reaction score
If people are buying them why would they put them on sale? i know that isnt the best answer to your question but it makes it is logical for the business.

They do offer discounts to students. Which if you are like me didn't help out at all because i am not a student. They also offer discounts to the military (at least they do in the states) Also you could look in the refurb section as they have deals in there.

You think if they want to get better sales that they would have sales from time to time. The only sales you can get is when Best Buy or places like that have in-store sales on them. But nothing directly from Apple.

Seems strange business to me:Smirk:

Reaction score
Just like why BMW and Benz don't offer 0% financing or HUGE Blow out sale as if Domestic cars do it every year... because people are buying the mac and it also maintains the value to a degree... look at a HP PC, the price on those drop like 50% on the 2nd year... but an iMac, you can probably get 70-80% of the value back on its 2nd year.

OP
Airborneforest
Reaction score
I guess that make sense to a degree. Just gonna take me awhile to get a MBP:(

OP
Airborneforest
Reaction score
Notice you are in Canada. If you want one really badly and don't have the full amount right now, why not consider finance one at FutureShop or Best Buy?

Would love to but can't since I'm still building up some credit...

Reaction score
MacMall and MacConnection offer some rebates and deals from time to time.

Definitely less expensive than buying from Apple.

In fact, MacMall is having a $75 rebate on most models, on Parallels, delayed payments and a rebate so a printer is free. And I think MC is offering some rebates & goodies also. I'm not sure about the shipping to Canada, however.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.